Monday 14 October 2013

Last but one

Last night we had supper in a warm and welcoming place run by a couple of ladies. Advertising outside promised a home made vegetarian meal. Venturing in we met Chris and Ollie from Ireland. Chris was doing the Camino because she wanted to join Ollie who had done two lots of it before and was on the last leg. Not sure what Ollie's motivation was! 

They didn't reckon the food was that great, but I thought it was simple and filling and rustic! 

Today we walked for a little way this morning with two couples who were travelling together. The Salvation Army was their common thread altho one pair were from Manchester and the other from the US. I walked alongside Margaret, married to Chick and they were the Brits. Margaret told me about a local charity close to her heart called Just Life. She and her husband are 66 and their friends Phil and Keitha are 72. Puts my 57 to shame! 

Struggled with my good knee today on the downward slopes but got here! 

Only 19kms to go and I am sure I will survive to tell the tale unlike some who have travelled before me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment