Sunday 13 October 2013

Spaniards shrink

I was in downtown Melide last night watching a señor disassemble an octopus with scissors (señor had the scissors, not the octopus) when I was approached by a señora in her twilight years. I thought she was in the distance but in fact she was standing right in front of me and was very small. It struck me that Spaniards shrink as they get older. Young Spaniards are normal size. All old Spaniards are tiny. There is no such thing as a tall old Spaniard. So they must shrink. And not by just a little - but by a lot. I think this happens for one of two reasons. Either they dehydrate and shrivel (like plums and prunes) because it is so hot here or their mass is disintegrated by sound waves because they are so noisy. I saw a demonstration of this on Star Trek once so I know it is possible. It is so important to travel and see these things first hand. Travel really broadens the mind. The Veterano Osborne Spanish brandy is very good value here.

No comments:

Post a Comment