Tuesday 15 October 2013

Made it


We got to the end after a long slog through the rain. It rained incessantly from when we left the hotel in Rua at 9.00 through to when we got to Santiago de Compostella at 4.00ish. The last time I was that wet when fully clothed was when I did my life saving exams! 

But we made it in one piece with only a reasonable breakfast, a little soup at lunchtime, several coffees and a brandy to sustain us! Oh and a couple of bars and a drop or two of rescue remedy! 

Now the proud owners of our certificates we can rest on our laurels for a bit, safe in the knowledge that long distance walking isn't so hard after all! Who am I kidding! 

Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time! 
Thank you David, Rachael and Stephen for coming with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment